Moving to a Larger Home in Ottawa
Download this report to avoid the most common mistakes made when moving to a larger home in areas like Orleans, Ottawa, Alta Vista, Barrhaven, Stonebridge, Nepean, and Kanata.
If you’re looking to upsize, you need to consider a number of factors that include:
- Setting realistic expectations. We all want to improve our lifestyles, but you need to ensure you can afford the price range of the home and the area you want.
- Selling your house at the right time in order to avoid owning two homes and having to pay two sets of bills. They can really add up, especially during winter or at property tax time.
- Finding somewhere to live if there is a gap between closing times.
- Financing your new home. While the sale of your first home will help you pay for your second, it only works if the timing is right.
- Ensuring your current home is ready to sell. This is really important if you've been living in the same home for a long time. People may have different needs and expectations for homes than when you made your purchase.
Before you put your home on the market, it’s important to read this free report: "6 Mistakes to Avoid When Moving Up to a Larger Home". In the report we’ll review the traps, explain how to avoid them, and provide guidance about the first professionals to talk to for advice on your specific situation.
Complete the form on the right hand side of this page to order this report and discover what you need to know.
PAUL SHARES HIS KNOWLEDGE EVERY WEEK ON
CFRA'S OPEN HOUSE: THE REAL ESTATE AND MORTGAGE SHOW
Listen to Episodes >