On Friday October 14th you can give blood to save a life. Paul Rushforth Real Estate is holding a blood drive at Ottawa Permanent Blood Collection Center. Book your appointment in advance and join us in our efforts to help patients of all kinds!
It only takes 5 – 10 minutes to donate, and you can choose to donate blood or platelets – both are needed. We’ll have special treats available for donors to snack on during your quick rest afterwards. Choose your favourite from our selection of pizza, donuts, cookies, and juice boxes.
If you’ve never donated before, you should know that almost everyone is able to continue with their day normally after donating, including driving themselves home. The only thing is that you should avoid strenuous exercise for 8 hours afterwards.
- Location: The Ottawa Permanent Blood Collection Center is located at 1575 Carling Avenue (at the corner of Churchill).
- Time: 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- Appointments: Book online at blood.ca
- Eligibility: please ensure you are cold and flu free. Find out if you meet the other eligibility criteria here.
- Have questions? Get answers with these FAQ.
Why Should You Give Blood?
There are as many reasons as there are lives saved. Here are some key facts about blood donation:
- Canadian Blood Services is only 3 – 10 days to running out of blood, depending on blood type.
- 1 blood donation can save up to 3 lives.
- Some patients need regular blood transfusions in the short and long term. These include leukemia patients and people with a condition called aplastic anemia, in which the body stops producing enough red blood cells.
When you donate blood, you help people like Amie.
Join Us October 14th 2016
Join us October 14th and become an everyday hero!